Physical Security Advisor - (041588)
DescriptionWhat sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to be responsible for a variety of moderate to complex physical security projects and system installations for assigned areas. Acts as the security liaison with various business lines to include Corporate Real Estate, Retail Banking Group and Corporate Security.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Tempe
Job Posting: Nov 20, 2018, 4:36:21 PM
Director - Global Security Operations Center (GSOC)
Our mission is to protect American Express, its customers and employees against harm and losses by providing a full range of protective, investigative, risk assessment, crisis management and other such services, in a prudent, professional manner.
This position is responsible for the management of the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) in Phoenix, AZ. which supports all activities in the region. The incumbent will direct and manage the GSOC to ensure all incoming signals, threats, alarms, calls, messages and data are processed expeditiously with the appropriate level of response according to Global Security procedures and guidelines.
The role requires the candidate to work collaboratively across a number of different responsibility areas, such as:
- Align with other regional GSOC Directors to develop a global standard of response processes as well as metrics to measure the performance of GSOC teams
- Ensure all GSOC staff are fully trained on all processes and procedures required to provide for the safety of personnel and security of Company data, facilities and other assets
- Must be a strategic thinker to be able to assess security needs in a dynamic environment and implement changes as needed to ensure GSOC standards meet all regulatory requirements
- Plan and monitor budget; engage and manage contractors/vendors
- Ability to be on call 24/7/365
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years combined experience in one or more of the following fields: security management, physical security system design, crisis management, emergency response and/or people leadership
- Bachelor's Degree or other 4 year degree is required in preferred areas of business, criminal justice or social sciences
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment to ensure global standards are developed and met by all GSOC teams
- Strong Project Management skills to analyze problems and make appropriate decisions quickly
- Ability to drive large complex programs and solutions using both direct and virtual teams
- Experience managing multiple external vendors across broad and complex work engagements
- Regional and cultural sensitivity with emphasis on diversity required in order to adjust communications and presentation styles to manage business relationships and expectations while achieving security goals
- Master's Degree preferred
- Professional certification in security management or personal protection a plus.
- Location: 3151 West Behrend Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85027
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 4, 2019, 11:05:23 AM