Are you looking for a position that offers advancement opportunities, great benefits and recognition for a job well done? Join MAPFRE Insurance!
MAPFRE Insurance is a forward thinking insurance company offering friendly service from over 2,000 professionals focused on taking care of you and your family. For decades, MAPFRE Insurance has been protecting families and their possessions with quality insurance coverage and a strong commitment to service excellence.
Manager, Safety and Security
Oversee physical security, building and property maintenance and provide operational support to all departments at applicable MAPFRE USA location. Provide supervision and direction to Facilities staff and contractors to ensure effective completion of assigned tasks and services. Ensure facility compliance with corporate, state and federal regulations with regards to facility and employee safety and security, training and the testing and inspection of related building systems.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, or equivalent related experience preferred.
- Experience: 7 - 9 years or Associates Degree equivalent plus 9 - 11 years.
- Knowledge: Complete understanding and knowledge of industry, practices, standards, and concepts within field of work and broad business segment. Solid knowledge of management practices.
- Decision Making: Typically makes decisions that impact short-term results. Interprets and executes policies and guidelines set by higher level management. Determines how to meet schedules, allocating resources. Typically makes operational decisions independently. Recommends modifications to operating policies. Problems are generally diverse and may impact multiple units.
- Supervision Received: Assignments are both task- and objective oriented. Work is reviewed for unit's overall adequacy in accomplishing objectives.
- Leadership: Monitors daily operations of a unit. Accomplishes tasks primarily through supervision of non-exempt and entry-level exempt employees. Supervision involves hire, fire, pay, appraise decisions - not a Lead or Coordinator. Provides direction primarily using established procedures and policies.
- Problem Solving /Operations/Direct Work Involvement: Monitors daily operations of a unit and actively assists, or provides direction to subordinates as required. May perform ongoing operational tasks, especially in staff, professional groups.
- Client Contacts: Frequent contacts with internal and external parties at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling project phases. Communication typically involves persuasion, and negotiation with middle and senior management levels.
Individual must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. A sound knowledge and understanding of safety and security policies and procedures as applicable to a corporate environment. A working knowledge of criminal procedures and judicial process as well as OSHA, NFPA and ANSI standards preferred. Must possess a basic knowledge of building trades, maintenance, space planning and business department operations. Strong PC skills required. Must be certified in First Aid, CPR and AED. Must be able to organize and/or conduct employee safety and security training. Must be able to read and comprehend all instructions and warnings on machinery and equipment used in everyday tasks. Must be able to read and comprehend warnings on labels, containers and Material Safety Data Sheets on materials used in building maintenance and construction. Must be familiar with OSHA requirements pertaining to facility maintenance and construction. Must be available around the clock to respond to security, safety, fire and maintenance issues.
MAPFRE is committed to recognizing our employees as our most valuable resource. We know our employees are the foundation for our accomplishments. That’s why we offer so many opportunities to share in the success they help us achieve.
To view complete job descriptions and apply, please visit https://mapfreusa.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=mapfreusa&id=2393
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.